The compact manual to make your own essential oils and hydrosols: Learn in short step-by-step instructions how to produce essential oils and hydrosols by distillation, enfleurage, cold pressing, and maceration. No background explanations are given, and the manual goes straight into the individual production steps – so you can simply make essential oils yourself. For more detailed information, take a look at our customer practice book – Make essential oil at home on producing essential oils yourself. Or visit the Esssential Oil Online Course on making your own fragrance oil respectively our essential oil distillation workshop. Further we have an eBook with essential oil recipes with all plants for the oil distillation, this extensive collection was arranged by us over many years also in the context of our seminars.
- What is an essential oil and hydrosol?
- What equipment do you need to produce essential oils and hydrosols yourself and then separate the essential oil?
- How is essential oil obtained by cold pressing?
- How and with which plants do you make enfleurage?
- How does oil extraction by maceration (infusion) work?
- How is steam distillation carried out?
- How can the plants be properly processed for maximum oil yield?
- How is the essential oil separated from the hydrosol? How can heavy essential oils be separated?
- How are essential oils and hydrosols correctly bottled and stored?
What will you be able to do thereafter?
- You know how to perform cold pressing to extract essential oils.
- Essential oil can be extracted by enfleurage.
- Extraction of essential oils by maceration (infusion) of plants.
- You are familiar with the correct preparation of the plants for steam distillation in order to obtain maximum oil yield.
- After the plant preparation you can make hydrosols and essential oil yourself by means of steam distillation.
- Now you have learned how to store essential oils and hydrosols correctly.
- You know the necessary equipment to obtain the essential oil and hydrosol from various plants by steam distillation, enfleurage, cold pressing and maceration.